Warning: Last items in stock!
Bound: 352 pages
Author: Ariane Singer, Catherine Golliau, Pascal Mateo
Publisher: Le Cerf
Product dimensions: 12.5 x 2 x 19.5 cm
- Why doesn't my colleague go to the canteen at certain times of the year?
- Why can't Catholic priests get married?
- Why do Christians pray with their hands joined when Muslims bow their hands to the ground?
- What are the differences between Jewish and Christian Easter?
- Is the hallal the equivalent of the kosher?
- What is the meaning of the pilgrimage to Mecca? Heavy?
- What are the rites of the three great monotheisms?
So many questions that we are missing and so many answers that we need to understand the religious behaviour of the other. Very handy, this book is a necessary guide today to know everything about the dogmas, festivals, rites and symbols of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
An essential tool for any curious mind.
Catherine Golliau is editor-in-chief of Le Point, in charge of the "Point Références - Les textes fondamentaux" and "Les maîtres-penseurs".
Pascal Mateo is a freelance journalist who works for various national and regional press publications.
Ariane Singer is a literary journalist, collaborator of Le Monde des Livres, de Transfuge and L'Arche.